Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

COOK FROM YOUR STOCKPILE DINNER


OK, a photographer I am not...but just before I sat down to eat, I snapped a picture. I would have placed it prettier on the plate had I known. How many of you still have cream cheese left over from the Kraft $5/5 deal? I still had 4 in my refrigerator as well as 4 packages of Buitoni Refrigerated Pasta. So I decided to cook from my stockpile and made this. My husband loved it as well as my daughter! I guess that means it's a keeper. The best thing is that you cook it in the crockpot!

Place 4 pieces of chicken in the crockpot. Melt 1T of butter and pour over top and sprinkle a package of Good Seasons dry italian mix on it. I cooked on high for 4 hours, or you can cook on low all day. 45 minutes before it is done, place 1 can cream of mushroom soup in saucepan along with one 8 oz. block of cream cheese, cut up, onion (chopped) and 1/2 cup sherry. Heat up and pour over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 45 minutes in crockpot.

I served over Buitoni pasta and sauteed zuchhini and onions that needed to be used wehn I paid $.99 lb. for them!

Send in your "Cook from your stockpile" recipes so we can post them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment