Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

MORE STOCKPILE RECIPES! WARM SOUP ON A COLD NIGHT

How many of you have canned tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, pasta, beef stock, beans and ground beef in your stockpile? If you are like me, you have plenty of the above mentioned grocery items! Last year when the first cold snap hit, kidney beans were wiped off the shelf! Not to worry if you are a couponer! You will have plenty on your shelf. What two things go together on a cold night? You guessed it! Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Here is a good recipe you might want to try!

2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 (28) oz. cans diced tomatoes (I only used 2- 14 oz. cans)
1 16 oz. can red kidney beans (I used 1 -14 oz.)
1 16 oz. can white kidney beans (I used 1- 14 oz)
32 oz. beef stock (on sale BOGO this week)
3 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. pepper
5 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 20 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
8 oz. pasta (I used less)

Brown your ground beef and drain. You can either do this in a crockpot or on stove top. Cook in crockpot for 7-8 hours or on stovetop until vegetables are done. Add cooked pasta at very end. This soup reminds me of one of my favorites at Olive Garden! Let me know how you like it!

Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. Lord knows I still have plenty of cheese!
I will try to get a picture posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment