Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PUBLIX 11/24/10, SPENT $.86, SAVED 99%



I tried to be organized when putting my shopping list together for Thanksgiving. Obviously, I wasn't very organized.

Art: Did you get the half and half for the scalloped oysters?

Judi: I can't believe I forgot it! It was on my list! Now I have to make that dreaded trip back to Publix the day before Thanksgiving!

So, off at 9:30 I go to Publix. I looked at the rice that was BOGO and I found 6 boxes with peelies on them for $1...more FREE rice! I checked my binder before I left and found more cracker tearpads so I bought more crackers and stacked them with the Wags $1/2 coupon...more cheap crackers. I have been waiting for the sweet potatoes to go on sale, so I bought 3 more to eat within the next few weeks. I can't forget the baby carrots. My daughter inhales them so why not buy them this week when I can get them BOGO. And, of course, the half and half I need for my scalloped oysters. I, of course, made it past $25 so I was able to use my $5/$25 coupon. My total was -$.40! So grab a pack of gum for a total of $.86, a savings of 99%. This is what I bought:

Brothers Coffee (FREE)
10 Wheat Thins Stix
4 Wheat Thins
6 Uncle Bens Rice
Water rolls
Potato Rolls
4 Baby Carrots
Half and Half
Bananas
Sweet Potatoes

No more Publix trips for me! I am done until next week and from the looks of the ad, it doesn't look like I will be buying much!

No comments:

Post a Comment