Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'M BACK FROM MIAMI AND I KNOW COUPONERS DON'T SHOP THERE

I just got back from Miami and I can tell you one thing...couponers don't live there. Before I headed down there on Thursday, I stopped at three Walgreens trying to do the Maalox deal. Every single shelf was wiped clean in all of our stores. Not to worry...I'm headed south and I will just buy it there. Not only did the shelf show no signs of anyone buying it, I could not buy the lower price Maalox and get the coupon adjusted down. I don't think the manager knew what a coupon was. OK...I can deal with that. At least I got 6 bottles of Maalox paying $1.41 OOP and got back $10 in RR's. Even if I decided to turn right around and walk back into the store and buy $8.59 worth of merchandise, it was worth it.

The second reason I know couponers don't live in Miami is because coupon books were everywhere! What a glorious day when you walked into the store and saw the display with tons of books! No one there cared about them. No one cared you could save $1 on a roll of paper towels or get a jar of Ragu for $.25. No one. You're in Miami! They accused my daughter of copying her coupons. She had to give them a coupons 101 lesson to explain she did not copy coupons and you would know they were copied if the numbers in the upper right were the same. They also don't like competitor coupons. We complain here about not getting double coupons, but they only accept Winn Dixie as a competitor. How many WD coupons are there out there? Not many.

The moral to the story is be glad we have coupon-friendly stores. When you use them down there they look at you like you have two heads. Her grocery bill is about to go up dramatically but on the flip side the shopping was AWESOME! Have you ever seen a Marshalls with 15 registers and all of them running? It was unbelievable! We went to IKEA not once but twice! Both times the chocolate at the register was calling my name and I had to buy it! At $1 a large bar, it is definitely worth it and probably some of the best chocolate I have ever had. That was worth the trip alone. No, it wasn't. Seeing my daughter and granddaughter after they moved there 2 weeks ago was awesome. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment