Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BASICS OF STOCKPILING

If you have seen any of the Extreme Couponing episodes as of late you have probably seen episodes of homes filled with an overwhelming amount of stuff...hundreds of mustards, deodorant for years, and miles of toilet paper. It can be a bit scary to look at these mounds of products. You start to think of storage space and the lack there of and you get overwhelmed.

I am going to share with you the not so extreme way to stockpile. If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you know that I am not an extreme couponer. I am actually just a regular mom who wants to save money on things in order to save my family money.

What Is A Stock Pile?
Stockpiling for couponers means putting up a certain amount of an item while it is on sale so you don't have to pay full price for it.

Why Stock Pile?
If you are able to buy a lot of something at a discount you will not pay full price for it later.

How Much Of An Item Should I Buy?
Most sales run every 6 to 12 weeks. I buy enough of things that won't go bad to last me for those weeks until it will be on sale again.

How Do You Keep Things From Wasting?
Many people ask me this when I speak of stockpiling. The important thing is to observe the dates on your containers. Put the newer stuff toward the back so that you can use your oldest stuff first.

Don't You Spend More Stockpiling?
You may spend more when you initially build your stockpile. However, once you have built your stockpile you will only be added things here and there. It actually comes out to less in the long run because you don't buy things on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment