Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

PUBLIX 8/12/11, GOT 5 GAS CARDS

Off to Publix today and as I was pulling out of the drive-way, my husband stopped me and asked me to get a Boston Butt and 2 whole chickens. The first thing I am thinking is are these on sale and how much are they going to cost. I know I paid $1 more per pound than I would have liked for the boston butt, but what could I do. The chickens were $5.50 each so they weren't that bad.

I decided to buy the Total Soft-Scrub in the spray bottle and paid more than I had originally planned. Let's just say I don't have to buy cleaning supplies now for about 2 years!!

I didn't take a picture because I was hot and sweaty and just wanted to get everything put away. I was able to get 5 gas cards which cost me $200. My meat alone was almost $27. Yikes!! Family is coming over on Sunday so I know everyone will enjoy the Beer Butt Chicken and Pulled Pork!

This is what I bought:

2 Freschetta Pizza (these normally sell for $7.69 each)
Cool Whip
2 Jello Pudding
Bananas
2 Unsweet Tea
Pie Crust
Onions
2 Chickens
Boston Butt
2 Advil
2 Sundown Vitamins
Honeydew
18 cans Chef Boyardee*
2 Cheese Its
16 Soft Scrub
1 loaf bakery bread

My total MINUS the gas cards was $61.34 including tax. Remember the meat alone was $27 and I forgot my $1 coupon at home!! This trip basically consisted of things I needed for the cookout and stock-up on items for college.

The Chef Boyardee was supposed to cost me something like $1.57 for 18 cans. It ended up costing $.86 for all 18 cans. What a great donation item if you don't eat it!! One of the coupons was for Buy 2 get 1 Free. When she scanned the coupon, it automatically took off $1.50. The Chef Boyardee was on sale for $.89 and I told her before she started ringing it up. You can just let the coupons scan and get the $1.50 back because that is what they will be reimbursed from the company and it means overage for you. She let two coupons go at $1.50 and then put the others through at $.89. I was pleased just to pay $.86 for 18 cans!!

So basically, I paid $34 for everything else minus the meat PLUS was able to get 5 gas cards to save $50!! I can't figure the percentage of savings on this trip because of the gas card deal.

I will also be able to send away for the ConAgra Rebate for $10 making my final total $24!! Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment