Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

This morning was hectic as I was trying to get out of the house to go to work. Before I left I was trying to think of something to have for dinner with 2 cups of leftover baked chicken. What do you do with 2 cups of cooked chicken?

I looked in my pantry and mixed the chicken with 1/2 cup salsa, 4 oz. velvetta cheese, a can of drained black beans. 1 tsp. chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I then put one of the two flour tortilla shells in the bottom of a round casserole, put 1/2 the mixture on top, another flour tortilla and topped it with the remainder chicken mixture.

I must say myself for something that was thrown together in 5 minutes, it wasn't bad at all. I was able to use items that were from my stockpile and use the leftover chicken at the same time.

Next time I just have to figure out how to use peanut butter and Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes in the recipe as I have quite a few in my stockpile!

What are some of the creative dinner ideas you come up with for dinner with your pantry items??

No comments:

Post a Comment