Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

CHEAP TOMATOES AT LOCAL PRODUCE STAND

I was headed to the outlet mall with my daughter by way of Holmes Blvd. I have passed by there many times and have never stopped at the produce stand on the left hand side of the road not to far from 207. I saw a sign that said:

TOMATOES
2 LBS. $1.00

My family likes tomatoes...no, they love tomatoes! We used to buy them by the case but then the price went through the roof. I don't buy them at Publix because they are tasteless. Stewart's has good tomatoes but they are $1.99 per lb. I refuse to pay $1.99 a lb. and usually end up looking in the window at the bruised or damaged tomatoes that are $.99 a lb.

I was surprised when I pulled up to this produce stand to find tomatoes sold every day at $1.00 a lb. I was shocked when I found tomatoes that were not as pretty but no rotten spots. Maybe it wasn't shaped perfectly round or had a flat spot on it. These gems were only $.50 per lb.!! I bought a pail of them and paid $2.00 for 9 tomatoes! This will definitely be my go to place for produce, especially tomatoes.

I also bought peaches and they were $3 for a pail. They were delicious and I plan on going back and buying more! They also had peppers, zuchhini, eggplant, strawberries, and many other fresh veggies and fruit to choose from.

It's really not out of the way! If you love summer fresh vegetables and fruit, give them a try! You definitely won't beat the price of the tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment