Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

COSTCO DELI MEAT

With school starting in about three weeks, use this $1/1 coupon for Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Bread from coupons.com to make a sandwich your kids will think is cool!

Speaking of sandwiches, has anyone noticed the price of deli meat? Buy a lb. of turkey and you can pay $8 per pound. If you have several lunches to pack we all know this can get expensive. My husband went to Costco last week and came home with pre-packaged deli meat. If I were there, I would not have bought it. But let's face it, when I am not there, a few more things end up in the cart.

This was one of those items I was glad he brought home. I was shocked at the price of $3.99 per pound. Each package had just over 1 3/4 lbs in it and it basically was the price of one pound if you purchased it at Publix! He bought the ham and turkey and I was pleasantly surprised!

Let's weigh the options:

1 lb. deli turkey at Publix $7.99 lb.
1 lb. fake deli turkey at Walmart $6 lb.
1.85 lb.s deli turkey/ham at Costco $7.38

Bottom line is when you go to Costco pick up some of the deli meat. It was good and it is such an awesome price. Don't pick up the granola in the bakery department because you will end up eating the whole thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment