Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

BEACH STORE PUBLIX

My husband came home from work today and told me someone at work asked HIM a coupon question. Imagine that. Asking him a coupon question. The funny thing was is that he knew the answer!

The girl had told him she had been to the beach Publix and was told she couldn't use more than one $5/$30 WD coupons because they had a new manager and that is his rule. He told her that she would have to split her order but then told her what I would have said...find another store.

It appears that the manager can make that rule on a per store basis. Now that the manager of SR 16 is no longer there, they are now accepting more than one coupon so I will go back to shopping there. He is now at Moultrie. Does anyone have that problem with that store.

I would love to hear from you as to what your store is making you do. I was at the beach store today but only got my total to $32 so I only used one coupon. Now I am curious because if they are going to make me split my order, I will just take my business elsewhere to a store that won't make me.

4 comments:

  1. My store is the Moultrie store. I have always been able to combine orders there and have not been told otherwise. This is the 3rd Manager we have had in the last year. A month after Savealot opened, they told me it wasn't on the official list yet, but if I gave them the SAL $5 q, they would take it. So, I started using those. Then last week, they told me that they couldn't accept the SAL q's until SAL was added to their official competitor list. I'm a rule follower, I'm all about following the rules, as long as I know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I will follow the rules but I would like to know what the rules are ahead of time so I could plan for it. If I have to split my order to use another coupon I will. But if I can just go to another store that won't make me split it, it is easier for me to do that. I sure hope they start taking SAL coupons soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beach has tightened their policies, like Judi reports. I was told by Customer Service workers that we have to split our orders now, because people were abusing the $5/$30. I stated I don't understand how someone could abuse them. They didn't have an explanation. Whatever. I love my Publix, so I'll play by their rules...for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SR16 told me Tuesday that management doesn't want more than one per order. The time before I had everything ready to split up and the cashier said I didn't have to....so, inconsistency within the same store.

    ReplyDelete