Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

JUDI'S FAVORITE THINGS

Oprah has her favorite things...so I thought I would tell you about my favorite things. Because blogger is still having problems uploading pictures, I cannot attach a picture to this post. These are not in any order. Some of these are splurges and some are steals.

1. T3 HAIRDRYER – This is probably one of most favorite things. This is definitely a splurge at $200 each. I have had one for about 8 or 9 years now. I bought it at the beauty supply store and paid about $125 for it. It dries my hair in half the time and takes away the frizzies due to the technology built into it. It also is very lightweight which is nice when you have a lot of hair. Years later this was featured on Oprah’s Favorite Things, and of course, sales went through the roof! Since then, when they started mass producing it in China, the quality of it has gone way downhill. They no longer sell them now in the professional beauty supply shops. You have to get them at Macy’s, Ulta, and other stores. The best part is that they carry a two-year warranty so if you have any problems they send you a brand new one. The one that I have now has been having issues but it was over the two-year warranty. I called and they are sending me a new one for $40 plus $15 S&H. That was a bargain! I am still anxiously waiting for my new hairdryer to get here. In the meantime, I bought another hairdryer at the professional beauty supply which was 50% off because they were no longer going to carry it. It was originally $70 and I got it for $35. This was just about two weeks ago. Such a deal…until I just saw it a few days ago at Marshalls for $24.99!! I like it but it doesn’t dry my hair fast like the T-3. It is just like any other hairdryer without the tourmaline technology. ..BUT it is very light and I do like it. This would be one to consider if you are looking for a professional grade hairdryer at a fraction of the cost. It is called the GEM FORCE hairdryer. This is a steal.
2. BAMBOO SHEETS – This is now a must in my bedroom. I was introduced to these when I worked at Lighthouse Interiors and never looked back! Once you try these, you will never go back to another set or type of sheets! The best part is about once a year Tuesday Morning has a sale on them and gets them in. You can buy a set of king for $79. I will be there on February 10th getting my set and placing it in my stockpile!! Yes, when I can get these sheets for $79 I get an extra set and save them until I need them. I turned my friend Lisa on to these and now she is as addicted as me. This is a steal!
3. HOBO WALLET – I got this wallet from my kids for Christmas last year and it is my absolute favorite! I know you can get them at Dillard’s. It’s hard to explain so you will just have to go and search them out next time you go shopping. It sells for just over $100 although they bought mine on clearance. This is a splurge!
4. ELF FACE PRIMER – If you have never used face primer before, you have to try it. This is only $6 at Target so it is definitely a steal! It kind of puts a layer between your skin and makeup and makes your makeup go on so smoothly and makes it last longer. I have never tried any other expensive primer. I am not willing to pay for it. I also use Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup for my special occasions and I love that also.
5. CLARISONIC FACIAL BRUSH – I got this for Christmas last year and I use it two times a day. This is definitely a splurge because it costs $225. I got the model with four speeds and a body attachment. When I don’t use this on my face for a few days I really notice a difference. My makeup wants to drag going on. It really removes all the dead skin from your face.

6. I-PAD – I know most people have these but I just got one about 6 months ago and I absolutely love it! I sit with it every night on my lap and my finger never stops moving!
7. WET AND WILD LIP PENCIL – This was something I saw years ago on the Today Show when a makeup artist was on. It is color number 666 and it goes with everyone’s skin color and matches most lipstick. I like to line my lips with a faint line before I put by lipstick/gloss on just because it looks better. This is definitely a steal at $.99 each.

8. PUBLIX - Of course, this list would not be complete without adding Publix to it. This was confirmed after my recent trip to Winn Dixie this past week doing the razor deal!


That is all I can think of right now at the top of my head. These are just the few things that I use everyday in my life that I really love. Just thought I would pass it along!









2 comments:

  1. Love the list. I've wanted to try the bamboo sheets since it's such a renewable resource...basically a beautiful weed! They're soft, I assume. Good to know Tuesday Morning is the place to go for them. And, who knew Wet n' Wild made anything of quality? Am I a snob? Hope not. I'll have to give 666 a go. Smashbox makes a really good make-up primer, as well. It comes in several tints for different skin types. Amazing how easy eye shadow applies and stays put! I like your $6 price tag better, though. Thanks for sharing, Judi!

    ReplyDelete