Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NEW YEARS AT MY HOUSE

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. We had an eventful New Year and it was just doors from our house.

We didn't plan on doing anything. I don't like to go out with all the crazy people. I just want to stay home. We got a call from some friends to go to the beach blast so we decided to go. All went well and we went to bed with neighbors shooting fireworks which seemed way past midnight.

At 2:35 my dog woke me up to go out. Nothing was unusual at that time. At 3:00 am I felt my husband get out of bed and when I opened my eyes I could see the police lights outside our bedroom window. We went downstairs and tried to figure out what was going on in the dark.

There were three police cars there and a big fire truck pulled up as we were standing out there. We still didn't know what was happening. Come to find out a car was going around the curve and missed it. Sound familiar? That same thing just happened in front of the Alligator Farm and took the lives of a young married couple.

The car should have made that curve. That is the corner of my lawn in the bottom corner. If a car had been parked there, she would have taken it out. Notice the white house in the background? That is where the car landed.


Along the way it took out a few trees. This is just one of them.


The truck continued and that clump of trees at the end stopped the truck.



It ended up hitting that tree. The tree prevented the truck from hitting the bedroom where Katie and her baby were sleeping. The airbags deployed because it hit so hard. She left the scene of the accident. They ended up finding her using K-9's and found her by the Bridge of Lions. I took these pictures the next morning. They ended up towing her truck that night. Needless to say she was drunk and driving.

Sorry the pictures are sideways. I didn't know how to rotate them!


1 comment:

  1. My goodness. So fortunate no one was hurt. Want a job in the news biz? ;) Great documentation! LOL.

    ReplyDelete