Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

CRUISING

OK guys...I need your help. This year is our big 25th wedding anniversary and we are planning a cruise to the Carribbean. I have only been on two cruises, one being our honeymoon and the other about 10 years ago.

For those of you who have cruised, I need some advice. Should we take a Western or Eastern cruise? The Eastern goes to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Marten. The Western goes to Labadee, Hati (their private island), Falmouth, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico. Both are on Royal Carribbean Allure of the Seas which is the biggest ship out there.

From what I gather by surfing the internet, the Eastern seems to be the favorite choice. In Jamaica there are white-water rafting excursions available but I have no interest in those. I have already done that and I was the "floater". Yes, that means I fell out of the boat. He had never had a "floater" before and I was his first. That scarred me for life and now there will be no more rafting excursions for me!

I know the shopping is good in St. Thomas and that is always a plus! I have never been to St. Marten and I hear it is beautiful. So my dilema is which side, Eastern or Western? PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know what your experiences have been. Call me, email me or leave a comment below. I need some direction!!!

5 comments:

  1. I have been on a western caribbean cruise and it was great for the cruise part but destinations were a bit ughhh. Mexico when we went to Cozumel the cruise boat couldn't dock so we had to get on this little boat to get there and the waves were so bad and everyone was throwing up. Then we got to Mexico and we did a few excursions but it was a bit dirty...we went to Mayan ruins and some water park. In Jamaica we did the climbing up Dunnes River Falls and it was ok but I could have done without it.

    I haven't been on an Eastern cruise yet. But I have been to Nassau and St. Thomas and both are pretty beautiful and had a much better experience at both places. So for me it would be a no brainer it would be Eastern!

    Either way a cruise vacation is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a travel agent and have booked many cruises for people over the years. It really depends on what you like to do as to which is better, the Eastern or Western. If you like to shop, the Eastern is the way to go. If you like history, then the Western is the one for you. If you would like to call me, I will be glad to talk to you. I can also make the reservations for you and check pricing. Sherri-Places To Go Travel 904 669 7273.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on ten cruises and I love st marten and st Thomas, those by far are my favorite ports. If you go to st Thomas take the ferry to St. John it's a beautiful island!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the comments. My mind is made up. Let's see...history or shopping??? SHOPPING WINS and so does the Eastern Carribbean. Thank you to those who left replies and messaged me. I was all set to book the Western and now it's Eastern. Thanks for the tip on taking the ferry to St. John island. I never would have known that. Any other tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ferry in red hook in st thomas to go to st john...we did a tour of the island so beautiful...kenny chesney has house there!

    ReplyDelete