Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

RIPLEY'S MARRIAGE RENEWAL CEREMONY

Sunday was an absolute gorgeous day and it set the tone for an event at Ripley's Believe It Or Not that was so much fun. I just had to share so you all could do it next year!

First of all, I didn't think we were going to be able to do it. My husband had a wisdom tooth removed on Friday that turned out to be a pretty big deal since he is 56 years old. (Of course, I am MUCH younger!! LOL!) We had signed up for the marriage renewal ceremony at Ripley's for Sunday afternoon and I didn't think we were going to go because it really knocked him down. By 11:00 he was feeling a little better and with a new round of drugs in his system, we hopped on our bikes, and rode across the bridge to Ripley's.

I didn't know what to expect. All I knew is that they were trying to beat the record of the most couples renewing their vows at one time. I can't even remember what the total was. It sounded like fun. There was going to be a band, flowers for everyone, pictures, free pizza,  cake, and a trolly ride around town with "JUST REMARRIED" signs on the trains with balloons. They were even giving away a honeymoon trip for two nights to Charleston. What the heck, I was in. All you needed was a copy of your marriage certificate and a willing spouse. Since this year is our big 25th wedding anniversary, I thought it would be fun and he agreed to do it as well.

Little did I know there would be people there all decked out in their wedding gowns with veils and flowers. Some even had their whole wedding party with them complete with flower girls! The outfits alone were a sight to look at. It was obvious some were trying to squeeze back into a dress that obviously was too small but they didn't care! With somewhere over 500 couples in attendance, there was some pretty good people watching!

All of the people who were really dressed up were brought up to the very top of Ripley's rooftop and the vows were said in English and Spanish while we all repeated it down in the parking lot. I must say so myself, the vows were better than most I have heard at wedding cermonies. The really did a good job.

They didn't make the record so they will do it again next year. I can't wait to do it agin! The next time, I want to gather my family all around me so we could all do it together. Mark your calendars for next year. It is going to be the weekend before President's Day weekend. Get a jump start on Valentines Day and take part in trying to break the current Guiness Book of World Records!

No comments:

Post a Comment