Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NEW RULE AT PUBLIX

A new rule surfaced today while I was at the Cobblestone Publix. I just ran it to buy 4 cans of Edge Shaving Cream and 2 Schick Razors. I only had one of the GAF coupons so I told her to run it through two times. She couldn't do it...new rule is you have to have a coupon for every one. So we can no longer say we have x amount of items and to run it through one Publix coupon.

I also have a feeling that they will be changing the $5/$30 competitor policy. I think (and this is only my opinion) they will soon be only allowing one competitor coupon per person per day. That means we won't be able to split our order anymore. It would force you to do multiple small orders on different days. Don't ask my why I think this! I am just guessing this is what Publix may do to regulate multiple coupons being used.

Back to my shaving cream razor deal, I used a BOGO Edge coupon and two $4 Schick Razor coupons as well as a PQ in the GAF. I was able to get 2 razors that were $9.50 each and 4 cans of shaving cream for $7.84. The shaving cream ended up being free when you used the PQ so all you were paying for were the razors! I was able to use a  $5 competitior coupon also.

4 comments:

  1. I've been paranoid about the Winn-Dixie $5/$30 Qs for a while now. However, Publix knows we'll just take those coupons across the street if they discontinue the competitor coupon promotion. I wonder how many people actually use the ETC coupons. I bet the proportion to non-couponing shoppers is pretty slim.

    Allowing the cashier to use the code off one GAF/YAF saves paper, and printing costs for Publix. Whatever, I'll cut one out of each of the fliers. I was having trouble remembering to tell the cashier how many times to ring it through, anyway. So much for being green!

    Thanks for the shaving scenarios, Judi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kate. I thought it was better that you didn't have to grab handfuls of GAF's or coupon books. I simply just used one coupon and had them multiply it. I think they are just trying to slow things down and to discourage the multiple $5/$30 q's. I will just have to make more trips to Publix if I can only use one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Publix will have a new coupon policy very soon (anytime now) and it will cut out on people "making money" on transactions. I hope not! I don't get many money makers but that extra few dollars you might can make every once in a while on something really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ok with them taking away the moneymakers as long as they don't take away the WD coupons! I still want the free stuff and would hate for the MM to disappear also!

    ReplyDelete