Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

CVS

Before I tell you about my CVS trip this morning, let's back up to yesterday, shall we?

Thanks to my friend Margie A. who told me about the Head & Shoulders deal. Sometimes there are so many deals flying around out there and just not enough time to research them or take the time to do them. I probably didn't pay attention to this deal because Head & Shoulders is a product I don't use. But then I thought of a friend who does use it and went and did the deal for their family.

I was able to buy 2 bottles of Head & Shoulders Shampoo for $9 and used the BOGO coupon from the 7/1 PG. I also bought some candy bar that was giving a ECB. My total after all taxes was $.74 and I got back a $.67 ECB! In my book I call that FREE!

Today I had some ECB's expiring so I worked up a scenerio but had to pay a little more OOP. On two cards I was able to buy the following:

2 Schick Razors
2 Colgate Toothpaste
2 Right Guard Deodorant
1 Unreal Chocolate Bar

My total OOP was $5.82 plus tax and I got back $9.75 in ECB's. I normally wouldn't put out that much but it was worth it to me to roll the ECB's. Considering the razors were $20 alone, I don't feel that bad!

When I walked in the store I scanned both of my cards and received a $4 off $20 purchase on both of them. This was in addition to the 20% off coupon I received in my email. They both come out to the same thing if you spend $20. They were out of the Goody Elastic Bands so I got a raincheck for those.

When I was in line, the register beeped because one of my ECB's for $2 expired on 7/4. She told me she couldn't take it. At the register next to me happened to be the assistant manager who was there shopping. She told her to accept it and that they accept expired ECB's up to 2 weeks past expiration. She did say, however, every store is different. If you go to the beach store and they question you about an expired ECB, tell them the manager with the dirty blonde hair said she takes them for 2 weeks past expiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment