Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

FRESH PRODUCE

While I was running around today I stopped at my produce stand I frequent which is behind WD on SR 207. She has zuchhini and squash as well as tomatoes for $1.00 per lb. I also bought a hugh cabbage for $2 and eggplant for $1 each.

The reason I tell you this is because zuchhini is $1.89 per lb. right now at Publix. My daughter needed some yesterday and was in Target and she paid $2.99 lb. YIKES!!

I also stopped at the fruit stand just north of the Showboat Car Wash. She had red and green peppers either 2 or 3 for $1 (can't remember) and zuchhini for $1 a lb. also. You are also able to get blemished tomatoes for $2 a basket. I seriously can't find anything wrong with these tomatoes.

If you have the time try to get your produce from these local stands. For less than $10 I came home with a boatload of fresh produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment