Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

PUBLIX 7/30/12, SPENT $59.79, SAVED 67%

My Publix trip today was more about stocking up on certain items getting ready to send my daughter back to school with. My stash of Ziplock sandwich bags were LOW so the sale of $2/3 and then using the $1/2 MQ and $1/2 YAF coupon to make them $.50 a box was great. I bought the last ones on the shelf and then got a raincheck to use next week before the YAF coupon expires.

We just pulled in the driveway today from camping at Sebastian Inlet in Melbourne and literally two minutes later the sky opened up! I waited for it to clear some before I went to the Cobblestone  Publix. My cashier was Joyce, the real nice black woman, and she asked for my coupons beforehand. OK...no problem and I handed them to her. She proceeded to lay them all out and started scanning, matching the coupons with the items. I had no problem with it because everything I had matched perfectly but I thought she was going to take the coupon amount off when she scanned it. That would have messed up my total of over $100 so I could use three $5/$30 coupons. She ended up scanning my coupons at the end but it sure was a pain.

My total before coupons was $110 and after coupons was $59.79. This is what I bought for just under $60.

2 Chobani Greek Yogurt 4-pk
4 Smart Balance Milk (ouch...it hurt to pay $2 each!!)
1 Lg. Breakstone Cottage Cheese
4 Quaker Granola Bars
2 Deli Ice Tea
1 Dijon Mustard
10 8-pk Juicy Juice
1 Bag Pretzel Crisps
2 Doritos
6 Pop Tarts
2 Lg. Bags Baby Carrots @ $2.89 each
Lettuce
Zucchini
Cherries (these were $6.29 alone!)
Cantelope
Bananas
Pepperidge Farm Bread
5 Soft Soap Hand Soap
10 boxes of Ziplock Snack/Sandwich Bags
4 Pkgs of Papermate Pens
Box of Crayons

Even though I was able to stock up on juice, granola bars, ziplock bags, soap and milk, I still hate that I paid almost $60 for all this. It's a good thing I don't need meat right now (especially since there is NO room in my freezer). What's even worse is the news that meat prices are going up along with produce prices. The steak that costs $12 now will be $14 because of the drought that is affecting the corn crops. Gas prices are supposed to go up again as well. When is this all supposed to end? I don't think it ever will so that is why we try to save with coupons!

I already used my $3/2 CoverGirl coupons in Melbourne this past weekend. I was able to take a $60 bill down to $25 using my overage and two $5/$30. Don't you just love those coupons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment