Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

MY CVS HAUL

Like a good couponer, I was out the door at 6 am Sunday morning. Boy, I did not want to get out of my warm bed...but my coupon angel was whispering in my ear!

When I pulled up to the Beach CVS, I only saw one car so I thought I beat the rush. Wrong! There was one lady in there with her cart full and I started talking to her. We gravitate to each other. She got the last Foot thing for $4.99 and there was only one children's Advil left on the shelf! The Play Dough was gone and so was the Advil 10 ct.

Since I have two cards I had to get doubles of everything. I had a back-up plan in case they were out of something and that had to come into play. What I didn't figure is when I so neatly had my coupons organized with what I had to buy on each card, and the ECB's that corresponded with each in order was that the ECB's from one got put into the other.

In other words, I handed my card for #1747 and gave him ECB's for #1929. Boy, did that screw me up. As it was I wasn't fully awake, didn't have my glasses and now had to work through it. I did but it wasn't fun. Definitely not for the beginner couponer!

I only made one mistake and bought a 2 liter coke instead of a 1.25 on one card so I paid $1.99 that I didn't need to spend and didn't get any ECB's back. I could use it for Thanksgiving anyway. At least it wasn't the Energy Shot for $3.99!

All in all, I spent $3.43 plus tax (should have been $1.44) but got a ton of stuff! I have another list made with things I didn't get on each card or stuff they were out of to go back and get hopefully on Tuesday. If I don't get it, I am happy with what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment