Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

NEW TURKEY RECIPE

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

We have a house full coming over and we are frying one turkey and baking another. I decided to try a new way to bake my turkey. First of all, I got a Publix turkey for free with my transferred prescription and I have never used anything but Butterball before.

I am trying a method where you mix mayonaise, olive oil and herbs and brush on the turkey. I will cook it for about 3 hours and then take it out of the oven, turn the oven up to 450 degrees, and then brush the mayo/herb mixture on again and cook for about another 35 minutes.

I am so curious to see how it comes out! They recommended a Butterball Turkey but, of course, I didn't read that part until I got the free turkey!

I will let you know! Supposedly it makes the breast meat moist and makes a beautiful color on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment