Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

SAVE-A-LOT

I told you earlier Save-A-Lot opened today so I decided to check it out after my awesome Publix run. Going into Save-A-Lot after Publix might not be that great of an idea. It was swarming with people and, of course, you don't get any bags to put your stuff in when you check out. The lines we wrapping into the aisles. I think some of the same people you see at Walmart were checking out Save-A-Lot!

The first two items I was looking for, celery and sweet potatoes, were sold out. Strike number one. The next thing was the chicken legs. I found them in the meat case frozen solid in one 10-lb. package. Strike number 2.

Will I try to go there again when I can better assess their prices...probably not. I did see chocolate chips on an endcap for $1.99 a bag. That is a good price but not as good of a price with a Publix BOGO and coupons. Using the same $.50/1 coupon, I paid $1.10 per package versus $1.49 if you bought it at Save-A-Lot with the same coupon. There might be certain items that you would wander in and get if it is something that doesn't go on sale on a regular basis at Publix.

Jessica commented that boneless, skinless chicken breasts were $1.69 lb. That is an awesome price and one we never see at any store. I didn't look to see if they had any. Before I ran out there again, I would call to see if they had the items I wanted in stock.

Let me know what you think of Save-A-Lot!

1 comment:

  1. This is great info. Thanks for the heads-up. I say by the time you stack a SQ or CQ and a M, you cannot beat Publix's deals...if you shop the sales, of course. It'll be interesting to see if they can figure out their stocking once the newness of the store wears off with people. Thanks for the critique.

    ReplyDelete