Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

HOW DID I MISS THE KLEENEX DEAL??







I don't know how I missed the kleenex deal but that sent me back to the store today to get some! In the Start Your Year Out With Big Savings AND in the Get a Bundle of Savings Booklet, there are $2/2 coupons for kleenex. Both of these coupons are Publix coupons. One is an expired PQ but the Get a Bundle coupon expires 4/30. The kleenex are on sale for $1.25 each. When you buy 2 with the coupon, you will pay $.25 per box!! That is what I call a stock-up price!! I am always reaching for a box of kleenex. I bought four earlier in the week with just MQ's. This shopping trip I bought the following:

1 pkg. Ground Round (used 2 FLIP's and got $6 off my meat!)
2 packages of Pork Chops
2 Thermacare
14 boxes of kleenex

My total was $11.37. My meat alone was $16.08!! After my meat FLIP coupon and my kleenex coupons along with my $5/30, my total was brought down to $11.37

So later on tonight my daughter asked if we could go out and get clippers for her nails. Not just regular clippers, but special "nippers". By this time, I found 6 more coupons for the kleenex! So off we go together and I realize why you don't bring your teenage daughter with you shopping. In the cart goes hair dye, tweezers,3 pkgs of emery board and 2 boxes of cocoa krispies as well as 12 more boxes of kleenex. OMG! I have coupons at home for the cereal and I don't have them with me! OK...I tell myself. I will live. It's OK not to use a coupon every once in a while!!! My total before coupons was $38 and after coupons and the impulse buys by my daughter, my total was $8.39!! Both of these shopping trips I saved 82%

2 comments:

  1. Does Publix accept expired coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SR 16 store will accept expired Publix coupons. They are the only store that I know that will accept them.

    ReplyDelete