Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

WALMART 4/15/11 - FREE KLEENEX!




I made my first trip to Wal-Mart since they changed their coupon policy. I didn't know what to expect so before I started I asked the cashier if he knew of their new coupon policy. He said yes, but what he really meant was NO!! I only bought a few items (some of the other deals I wanted Walmart did not carry) so I could go through a test trip. I have not shopped at Walmart in so long that it gave me the heebe jeebies going in there!! I just feel so fortunate that we as couponers can get better deals at Publix 98% of the time. I would post a picture of what I bought today but it seems my camera cord sprouted legs and walked off (and I am positive my 18 year old daughter had nothing to do with it)! This is what I bought today at Walmart:

18 boxes of Kleenex (used $2/2 Publix Q to get all for FREE + $.03 overage per box)
2 Fresh Pineapples (used $3 off $6 FLIP to get all the produce for $3)
4 Ears of Corn
1 Banana
1 lb. Farmers Ham (this is the only thing I truly miss at walmart!)
1 box U-Kotex Tampons

My farmers ham was $5.86 and I did not have any coupons for that. Since I was in there I had to buy it! It is the ONLY thing I miss there. If you haven't tried it you must! It tastes like ham off the bone and is much cheaper than Tavern Ham at Publix. I was able to use my Publix coupons to get all the kleenex for FREE. All I had to do was pay the tax on them which was $1.28. Now I am no math whiz, but if you do the math I paid less for the ham and tax than the total on my bill! I threw the banana in there to bring my produce total up to $6.20 so I could use the FLIP for $3 off $6. The only glich in my transactions is that they would not stack a MQ and PQ together for the Kotex Tampons. I just had them use the $2 and put the other $1 MQ back into my pocket. I was, however, happily able to use my CVS $5/25 coupon.

Will I go back to shopping at Walmart? The answer is a big fat NO!!! Will I go there for selective deals with my competitor coupons that I cannot stack at Publix...Yes! But I guarantee those shopping trips will be far and few between!!

Have any of you tried shopping there with their new policy? Let me know what your experience is like! Go here to view their new policy

P.S. I guess you can see I found the cord to the camera!

6 comments:

  1. ok - my try to use publix kleenex coupons at walmart was given a red light - they told me that they do not accept $ amount off competitors coupons, but only the ones with specific price for a product...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their new coupon policy states that they accept competitors coupons. This is a Publix coupon for $2 off 2 boxes. The grocery manager even came to the register and OK'd the coupons. Next time, ask for the manager. The cashiers don't always know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, there was a manager involved, and after bringing out the new coupon policy they showed me there, how competitors coupons have to state a specific end price, not just $ off - ... and after rereading the policy, I have to say, it is left a little confusing at that point...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I re-read the coupon policy and I have to say it does say that they will only take coupons with a specific price. I was unaware of this and thought they would match competitors coupons. It never hurts to ask. The new policy is still very confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree that walmart's new coupon policy is confusing and still not good enough as it comes out + their attitudes not very good = got a good reminder, that I do not like shopping there much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that I will not be making many Walmart trips just to use my coupons. If I HAVE to go there I may see what I have that I can get a good deal on. It is just not worth trying to find a parking space and dealing with all the people and under-trained employees!

    ReplyDelete