Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

DISNEY WORLD

We just got back in town from going to Disney World. We met my daughter, her husband and my two grandchildren, Addison (who will turn 4 in a few weeks) and Anderson (who just turned 1). My other daughter and her family went as well with her in-laws and we were able to catch up with them for a few rides.

There were several things I learned this trip to WDW and I told myself that these are important things to remember. When I got home, all I could remember were two of them.

The first one is an awesome tip for those of you who don't stay on Disney property. When you get off the tram and get dropped off, you have the option to take the monorail or ferry to the entrance. EVERYONE is taking the monorail to the magic kingdom which was beyond packed! We also took the monorail but took the one that goes to the resort hotels. Yep, we walked right on. It made two stops at the the hotels and then dropped us off right in front. We would have still be waiting in a LONG line to just board the monorail!

Second, if you want to watch the parade in the afternoon, watch it in Main Street from the Train platform. Hardley anyone is up there and you are up above the crowd and get to see the whole thing. When it is finished, simply get on the train and take it to the other side of the park!

There was another thing I wanted to remember but I can't remember it right now!!

When you are there you must get a Dole Whip in Frontierland. They are awesome. I got the Pineapple with Vanilla ice cream. They made a mistake and made both mine and Lindsay's with pineapple ice cream. We told them they made it wrong and they made us new ones and told us to keep the ones that were wrong! Of course, all of us got them so we had two extra! These are a must-have when you go to Disney!

The new Fantasyland opened the day before (and was packed) and the only things open were Gaston's restaurant (which serves beer and wine) and Ariel's ride. My daughter waited 2 hours and 15 minutes for this ride. We got a fast pass beore lunch and went back and waited about 9 minutes. We waited in line, went through the attraction and were out in 20 minutes flat! DO GET A FASTPASS FOR THIS ATTRACTION. It is very cute but don't waste 2 hours in line. I do know one thing. I also won't waste my time again for Winnie the Pooh. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was much better!!

We went over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Lights and they were awesome. I had to take off my hoodie because the over 5 million lights put out so much heat I was hot!! I can't wait to go back and do Hollywood Studios during the day. This is a must-see at holiday time if you get a chance to do it!

We walked over to Rockin' Rollercoaster and there was a line but the guy said they were having technical difficulties and the ride wasn't working. Bummer. That is the one Lindsay really wanted to go on. There was another attraction that was down but I can't remember which one it was. It would stink if you drove there from Ohio only to find the rides you really wanted to go on were out-of-order!

Also, did you know you can go up to any place that sells drinks and ask for water in a cup and they will give you water and ice. Don't pay $2.50 for bottled water. Simply ask for a cup and you get the same cup as if you ordered Coke for FREE!.

I can't wait to go back and camp and use our season's passes again. Maybe by then I will remember what the other thing was I didn't want to forget!

Anyone know of any Disney secrets? I don't go there enough to know many but maybe some of you do! Let us know so we can all benefit!

I just remembered what the other tip was! Parking is $14 to get into the Magic Kingdom and all parks. A guy on the monorail told us that if you are going to Epcot or Animal Kingdom, park at the Boardwalk and take their transporation over from there for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment