Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

PUBLIX 12/11/12. SPENT $3.34, SAVED 102%

Today felt like the old days. Yes, the real old days where I felt like I got something for my $3 I spent at the grocery store. Yep...$3.34 to be exact.You will have to use your imagination. I am over taking pictures of my grocery trips. I know you guys believe me. My goal was to spend the least amount possible to save it for Thursday for the gas card deal. I am hoping to get two this time.

 This is what I got...

6 Green Giant Vally Fresh Steamers Broccoli
Oscar MayerTurkey Breast
Fresh Pineapple
Fresh Green Beans
2 pkgs. Yellow Squash
Bananas
Cantelope
2 Campbells On the Go Soup
1 Smart Balance Milk
40 Red Gold Tomatoes
6 Right Guard Body Wash
2 Angel Soft Toilet Paper
10 Nature Made Vitamins

I was prepared to split my order but decided to go ask at the customer service desk at SR 16 before I got in line. She told me technically they are supposed to but to go ahead and run it all through. I did the small victory dance and headed to the register.

Right off the bat, I saved $10 in overage from the vitamins. My total before coupons (including vitamins) was $130. I used four $5/$30 coupons and my $10 in overage so basically I got $30 worth of free food. I was only planning on getting 18 cans of tomatoes with my 9 blinkies but my father stopped over this morning and gave me more! Woo Hoo! Now all my kids will get tomatoes for Chistmas! Only kidding...but I do have bags set aside in the garage for them with canned tomatoes in it!

My food total (everything minus the vitamins) was $90. Paying $3.24 just felt like the old days when times were good and couponing was way easier!

Come to think of it, most of my total went to paying sales tax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment