Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

PUBLIX 1/15/12, SPENT $13.70, SAVED 86%




I ventured out to the new Vilano Beach Publix today to see the new store and to use my $5/$30 coupon I received in the mail. I had heard it was going to be a small store and it sure lived up to the rumor! It was a very small Publix but very clean and well-stocked. It was almost confusing seeing every item faced and fully stocked on the shelf! Your eye isn't just used to that at every Publix.

I had planned on using my Crest Toothpaste raincheck for 10 for $10 and had my shopping trip planned on that with 10 boxes of toothpaste in my cart. After I unloaded them on the belt, I noticed my raincheck was for 6.4 oz. and the sale was on the 8 oz. tube. I had already figured in the overage in my scenerio and bought 4 Hefty Plates to accomodate the overage. Now that all went out the window. I still did good and did need the Hefty Plates anyway because I was down to three! This is what I bought.

5 Smart Balance Milk
5 Yogurt
2 English Muffins
1 Grands Bisquits
4 Smithfield Bacon
2 Oral B Toothbrush
4 Gas X (for overage)
Toasted Chips from Bakery (free)

I ended up having only $6 in overage instead of $13.50. I was able to use two Enjoy the City $5 off $30 coupons and one Publix $5 off $30. They allowed me to use all three.

My total before coupons was $60.79 and my total after was $13.70, a savings of $86%. As I was walking out the door, Tasty Cake was there handing out FREE boxes of goodies. I also received another two $5/$50 coupons at the register for the next two weeks.

They also had a coupon in the flyer at the store in the roundabout to get $1 off any Bakery Product.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see food lion is closing all fl stores? Saw in the paper they will be closing in a month or so most everything should be 25% off. Not sure if they will still be taking coupons. I know when albertsons closed in palm coast they stopped taking coupons at the end.

    ReplyDelete