Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

PUBLIX SHOW AND TELL 1/22/12, PAID $6.49



Woo Hoo!!! Another 4 gas cards for a total of 6 this week! My total on the above before coupons was $106.79 and a mere $11.49 after coupons. You can see my total was $171.49 after adding 4 gas cards which is like saving $.50 per gallon on gas.

This is what I bought:

2 Kozy Shack Pudding
2 Cole's Garlic Bread
4 Publix Mac & Cheese (for my daughter)
6 Sambazon Organic Smoothies (all Free)
4 pkgs. tuna (paid $.50 for all)
Red Grapes (were $3.19)
2 Hillshire Farms Chicken Breast
2 Olive Oil
3 Method Dish Soap (paid $1 each)
4 Edge Shave Gel
6 UP2U Gum (all free)
John Frieda Haircolor (free coupon from mftr)
Distilled Water
2 Angelsoft Toilet Paper
4 Sundown Vitamins (free plus overage
1 Pork Bag-n-Season

The toilet paper is on sale for $5.49. When you deduct the $1 MQ and the $1 TQ you pay $3.49. The way to tell if TP is a good deal is to look at the total square feet in the package. Take the decimal point out of what your final price is and you get 349. The total amount of square feet in the package was 480. Those numbers should be the same. In this case it is way lower so that tells you it is an excellent price for toilet paper!

The Hillshire Farms Chicken was not out yet at the SR 16 store. They had to get it out of the back. It is on sale for $3.50. When you use the $1/1 coupon from HERE and stack with the coupon from the Find Yourself in Good Health book found in stores (or on Publix website), you get a package of 2 breasts for $1.50. It will make a good sandwich or topped on a salad in a hurry.

The price of the toilet paper alone with tax is $11.64 (minus $2 in coupons). If you take that into consideration, everything else I bought was FREE PLUS I GOT 4 GAS CARDS!!!

On the flip side, I was told today that I cannot use a raincheck past 30 days from when it was written. They had always taken it if it was a few months old. No more. They also said the orders will have to be split to use multiple $5/$30 WD coupons. OK...if that is the way you want to do it, I can do that also! It will just be more of a pain for the cashiers!

I DID IT AGAIN! While I was in the store my coupons fell all over the floor making a big mess. I forgot to give them my Target coupons for Method and Angel Soft. I will go back and get $5 back bringing my total down to $6.49 for everything shown above!

No comments:

Post a Comment