Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

CAMPING

Camping is our hobby. We came across it by accident. Five years ago, we ran into some friends in HomeGoods in Jacksonville. Yes, my husband was with me there. I bribed him by telling him we could go to Wasabi for lunch if I could go into HomeGoods. Little did we know going into HomeGoods that day would introduce us to camping.

If you would have told me five years ago that I would love camping, I would have told you that you were crazy!

Like I said earlier, we ran into old friends in HomeGoods. They had mentioned that they were going to rent a pop-up camper and go to the Keys for a week and asked if we were interested in going. All I heard was "The Keys". If I had listened more carefully, I would have heard the word "pop-up".

We ended up having a great time and both of us came back and bought campers. They bought a pop-up and we bought a hybrid travel trailer because it was what our truck could pull and I wanted a microwave, refrigerator, upholstered sofa and bathroom!!

It has been five years now and we have been to Stone Mountain Georgia, Charleston North Carolina, Savannah Georgia and every campground around our area. My favorites are Wekiwa Springs and Kelly Park near Orlando, Fort Clinch, and Sebastian Inlet in Melbourne. The best has to be Fort DeSoto in St. Pete. That is where we just camped. Floating in the Gulf of Mexico on a raft is the most relaxing and enjoyable thing. Watching the sunset each evening was awesome as well.

The best part of St. Pete and Fort DeSoto is a place called Mazzaro's. Once you go there it keeps calling you back! I have never seen or will see a place like this anywhere else. It is an old italian deli, market, bakery, you name it! The food is awesome! We went back three times and then stopped on our way out-of-town to pick up some homemade raviollis, homemade pasta, the best bread you will ever taste, cheeses, meatballs, and a Hot Italian sandwich and burger to go.

I have NEVER in my life had a hamburger as good as this place had. It's like they grind up a prime steak and call it a hamburger. I wanted to go back and buy some of the ground meat they use but we had already left and got on the road.

I am already planning another trip in September to go back again. Anybody want any awesome desserts or homemade pasta, the best crunchiest bread or rolls, I'll take orders and bring it back!

So what about you? Do you camp and where do you go? I would love to hear from you (especially couponlynn) and find out about the best places in our area to camp!

Oh, and by the way, I made my husband stop at three different Publix stores to see if I could find any booklets. I did find the Running In Running Out Sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment