Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

MY WINN DIXIE EXPERIENCE

I had to laugh today when I went into Winn Dixie. Here I am at the checkout with 3 dozen eggs, a pork butt, and Milk Bite Bars. That's it. Nothing else. All I had were two $1/1 coupons for the Milk Bite Bars.

The cashier rang up my purchases and then called a manager over when it was time to take off my coupons. OK...a little strange, but we are at Winn Dixie! I asked her if there was a problem with my TWO COUPONS! She said she was afraid to take them because they have had so many problems with photocopied coupons.

I then proceeded to give her the tips on how to tell if it is a photocopied coupon, By the time I was done, she happily scanned my TWO coupons to give me the big $2 off. By that time the front end manager came over and she told her she didn't need her because I told her how to tell if they were photocopied. She looked at me and said "Tell me. I want to know this!"

I proceeded to tell her about the numbers on the coupon, the shading in the box, the numbers on the coupon connecting it to your IP address, etc. She told me every month she gets a report on how many dollars worth of coupons are turned in and how many dollars the store is credited. She said her report said something like $650 were turned in and they were only going to get credit for $400. Are you kidding!!! Only $650!! I can do that myself in the month!

Some lady had come in the store with several Purina coupon for $3 and bought individual cans and got overage. Now all of us who get overage absorb it into the other groceries. But she didn't. She said the coupon was obviously photocopied but didn't want to put up a stink with the customer. They couldn't give her cash back but gave her WD gift cards. She said she lost $200 in that one transaction. After that they started examining coupons more carefully. Not wanting to insult the customer she took them.

Fast forward to my two coupons! The cashiers must be scared out of their minds to take them after that. She was so happy and was going to give her cashiers a lesson on coupon fraud.

They would be blown away if they saw the number of coupons we hand the cashiers at Publix. I believe it would shut them down! They wouldn't know what to do if all of us serious couponers converged on them! Thank goodness Publix is not like that. But let that be a lesson to all of us. Please make sure you use your coupons correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment