Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BRING ON THE COMPETITION!

Luckily for me I have Kate who emailed me about a new grocery store coming to town. Yep! Let's bring on the competition for Publix! The more competitors we have, the more Publix will stay on it's toes!

She sent me this article in the St. Augustine Record about Save-A-Lot coming to town. It plans on occupying the old Food Lion store at 2469 US 1 South. I am not sure which location that is or know much about Save-A-Lot. This is what Kate had to say about Save-A-Lot.

"Save-A-Lot is a smaller store, has limited selection, and items are displayed in their cardboard shipping boxes. Some don't even have delis, bakeries, etc. Hope the ones coming to our area are larger. It touts savings up to 40% over competitors. We'll see. It's owned by SuperValu which owns a grocery chain in my parents' neck-of-the-woods...Shaw's...it's the priciest store in the market...the customer service is dreadful, too."

Thanks again Kate for letting me know! That is BIG NEWS! Now we are going to have to follow another grocery store and cherry pick the bargains from there!




2 comments:

  1. Judi,

    FYI, if its true. If you sign up on Save-A-lot's website you get a coupon for $5 off $25. Just in case we are ever short of the Winn Dixie $5 off of %30 coupons(hopefully never)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome news!! I didn't know that! According to the newspaper we are in fact getting a Save-A-Lot. I will have to check that out! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete