Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

PUBLIX 6/23/12, SPENT $40.26, SAVED 70%

I spent more than I wanted to at Publix today but considering my total was $92 before coupons, I saved over 70% with the sales and coupons. I read the Advil coupon wrong and realized it after I left the store. I had $2 peelies that were for 20 ct. and over. I read the coupon as being any Advil PM and regular Advil over 32 ct. With that being said, I bought 4 Advil PM using the GAF and four $2 peelies.

. I had to leave for a hair appointment 10 minutes after I walked in the door so no picture this time. I had to get the refrigerated stuff away and fly out the door! This is what I bought:

Natures Own Bread (not the BOGO because it is the 40 calorie bread that wasn't on sale)
2 Tostitos Chips Family Size
1 Rold Gold Pretzel
2 lb. baby carrots
Squash
Strawberries
Green Beans
6 Corn on Cob
Cherries (YIKES! These were $4.84 alone!)
Kiwi
Blueberries
Romaine Lettuce
3 Voskos Yogurt
2 Ritz Crackers
8 Oscar Mayer Bologna (donate item)
2 Publix Chocolate Muffins, 4-pk.
French Hamburger Buns
4 Angel Soft Toilet Paper
2 Resolve Spray Cleaner
2 All Detergent
4 Advil PM

My total was $40.26 but it should have been $39.26. I grabbed the wrong MQ for the crackers and it expired three days earlier. My good coupon was home on my desk! Darn, don't you just hate when that happens! All said, I don't think it was that bad considering my cherries were almost $5! I won't be doing that again any time soon! I'll wait for them to come down to $1.99 lb. I got a ton of fresh veggies and then stopped at the produce stand behind WD at SR 207 and bought tomatoes, zuchhini, nectarines all for $.99 lb. I won't pay the price Publix wants for peaches and nectarines. Your better buys are at the local produce stands.

I really didn't expect to spend that much this week but I've added more toilet paper and laundry detergent to my stockpile plus I'm good for Advil/Advil PM until 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment