Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

PUBLIX AND ALMOST FREE HOT DOGS WITH OVERAGE

I had off work today and I drove to Jax to meet my friend for lunch and go get hair dye. Dying my hair is right up there with getting a root canal and trying to find a good bra that fits. She has her cosmotology license so I go with her and get the professional stuff. My husband had one request for me...get me some new gloves! You see, I color all I can reach and then my poor hubby got suckered into helping me years and years ago to do the back. It used to be just the front but it just keeps coming in like the tide and keeps moving further back. I have to endure his comments as he slaps the color on but all I think of is how much money I am saving!

On the way home, I stopped at a store in Jax and was able to do the following:

Bananas
2 Sundown Vitamins (overage)
6 Nature Made Vitamins (overage)
5 Hebrew National Hot Dogs
2 Nature Made Bread
2 Dog Bisquits

When I figured out the 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs were 1 pt. each on Weight Watchers, I was all over them. I am so tired of eating turkey sandwiches that a hot dog will be a welcome change every once in awhile for lunch.

My total after coupons and a $5 off $30 was $.91. The cashier looked at me in amazement and asked me if I wanted to donate $1. Yes, of course I do so my total was $1.91.

I drove home and added up my totals to see if I had enough for the $10 rebate. I was short but not by much. That is when I looked at my mail and found an envelope that looked familiar. My coupon fairy was back with an envelope of coupons and right on the top a receipt. Not just any receipt but a receipt with peanut butter and Chef Boyardee on it to take me over the amount I needed to send away for the rebate!

I don't know who you are but, again, I thank you!!! I am going to get four $10 rebates in all, 3 P&G and 1 Conagra! I will save them and send them to college with my daughter along with the $100 Publix card I won!

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone...last time I went home I aided my father in dyeing my stepmother's hair. She is a couponer, as well, and frugal. I thought it was kind of strange at first, but then realized just how sweet it was of him. Sounds like you're married to a good guy, too.

    Loved all the vitamin MM's thanks for sharing, I got my papers with the $5/$30 gratis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do have a keeper! How many husbands would dye their wife's hair for her? Having to do it every four weeks, I am so glad I can use professional color and do it myself!

    ReplyDelete