Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

RANDOM THINGS I PICKED UP OUT-OF-TOWN

Even though I was out-of-town for the weekend camping, couponing was still on my mind!

I ran into CVS to get the Gillette Proglide Styler that I ended up paying $4.87 for and getting $4 ECB's. This thing is really cool with 4 attachments to it. It normally sells for $19.99 so I thought I got a good deal and it was something I could really use!

My RR's were getting ready to expire Monday and I didn't even realize it! Those darn suckers don't have a very long expiration date. Don't dare try to use them past expiration date because they won't take them. And then you want to cry...really!

I had five $2 ECB's and I was able to roll them by doing the following transaction five times.

Buy 2 Suave Naturals Shampoo, 15 oz. $1 each

Total due $2.12 including tax
Use $2 RR
Get Back $2 RR

...so for $1.20 in tax I was able to get 10 bottles of shampoo for my husband and got back five more $2 RR's to roll into the coming weeks!

By the way, if you run into Wags to get the shampoo, pick up a dozen eggs for $.99 using the in-ad coupon. That also makes a great filler item if you need it for your scenerios.

I also had to get a few things for camping so I ran into Publix. I wasn't going to let that opportunity go by either. Now that they raised the amount to $50 to get a gas card, I knew I wasn't going to be getting five of them. I was going to have a HARD time just to get two. Last week I ran into Target and a lady was sampling Juicy Juice and had $1 coupons sitting there. I grabbed a few and then she gave me more (turned out to be 10 of them) and was able to get Juicy Juice which was BOGO at Publix for $.50 a 8-pk using two of those coupons and the $1/2 Target coupon. I was thrilled. I added some other things I needed to get my total up to $50 just to get one stinkin' gas card. I'll probably be able to just get one more gas card.

This week looks like it will be the week to stock up on Dial Body Wash. They are BOGO at Publix for $3.91. Use the $2/2 coupon from this weeks RP (or printable or peelies) and stack with the $1/1 Target coupon and get them for FREE!

4 comments:

  1. Ok Judi, where did you guys go camping this time? LOL
    We were just over at Peace River for a couple of days and my husband said you know we should check out a place called Fort deSoto. I said wait a minute, that sounds familiar.. LOL It took me a few minutes to remember why then it hit me, that's where you said you guys love. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE Ft. DeSoto in St. Pete. We stayed on site 199 and 200 with our friends and they are the best sites on the water. It is just a short drive to the beach and it is the most relaxing float in the Gulf! When you are there you need to check out a place called Mazzarro's. Contact me before you go and I will tell you everything about it. It is something you shouldn't miss when you go there. It is about 15-20 minutes from the campground.
    We went to Wekiwa Springs this past weekend. When it is hot out, we like to go somewhere we can get in the water.
    We have not been to Peace River yet. I have heard about it. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may be checking DeSoto out very soon! And I remember you talking about Mazzarro's in another post and it sounded like i may stay in there for hours getting stuff so I will def let you know before we go LOL.
    We like Wekiwa Springs SP too. Of all the springs we have been to, it is my fav because of how large and perfect depth the swim area is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was our first stay at Peace River and we will def go back. It was a last minute decision so instead of taking the camper, we stayed in one of their cabins. We and the kids love fossils and hunting for sharks teeth so it was awesome for us. My husband made us each a sifter screen thing. We just waded into the knee deep water, scooped sand, etc onto the screen, sifted the sand out and scanned for stuff. On average, we got several fossil shark teeth in each scoop. We would stay at the river an hour or so then go to the pool to relax LOL

    ReplyDelete